Friday, February 8, 2013

Harikuyo - Festival of the dead needles

Do you remember the Harikuyo needles book I made last year?

It was an idea by Susan from Play With Needles.
Today is the Harikuyo festival, and Susan had the great idea to invite us to take part.
Go to her blog to see how needles are honored by her students.

I'm lazy compared to the ladies who have already posted. I've just kept mine in the last sheet of my book...



To learn more about the festival, see this post by Susan.

I'm going to grab a cup, jump on my sofa, and visit those other ladies's blog, they sure have eyes candies...




5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Oh Vero, I love her blog. I thank you for introducing me to it. I can see how you would be inspired by her blog. You are such a great seamstress. Your needles are lucky you are their master.

Susan Elliott said...

Happy Harikuyo Veronique!! I had forgotten that beautiful needlebook...it's great to see it again. I hope your troubles have been buried with your broken needles and your stitching skills have improved through their service. May this next year be full of blessing and beautiful stitches. Love to you, Susan

nikkipolani said...

Yes, I remember your needles book! I like the idea of displaying such important tools of your craft.

blandina said...

I well remember and I would like to join in but I didn't break any needle lately (maybe I am not sewing that much anymore!).

georgia little pea said...

Hi Vero, I just read about the festival on the post and I love it! Trust the Japanese to have a ceremony to thank their needles and pins for their hard work. That is just beautiful :D